- Course Details
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care - Level 2 Certificate ONLINE *
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
Can I get a reduction?
|CYO4908||Preparing to work in Adult Social Care Level 2 ONLINE||01/09/2021||31/07/2022|| || ||ONLINE||
If you are studying on a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you are entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- We need to check what course you are enrolling on and what your age and income status is first.
- You may be entitled to a free or reduced cost place if you are working but on a low wage – as set out in the GLA or ESFA funding rules or are in receipt of:
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit with income of less than £18,000 per year
- Income support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Carers Allowance
- Council Tax ReductionFor qualification based courses, the course will be free if you are working and earn less than £20962.00 annual gross salary inside Greater London Authority (GLA) or £16009.50 (outside GLA)
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit and you wish to claim concessionary rates please contact Customer Services who will be pleased to advise you on your entitlement. In addition, if you receive other allowances you may also be eligible to enrol at concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
More information about this Course
Extra title field
This is an online course, you can enrol and start at any time between the advertised start date and the end date.
Flexible Learning - An interview is essential for this course
How will the course benefit me
The need for adult social care continues to rise at a time when the system supporting that care is rapidly and significantly changing. With around 1.5 million people working in adult social care in England, care workers need up-to-date support and guidance in order to provide adequate person-centred care.
Spoken and written English at Level 2 and be a confident IT user - experience in using web-based portfolios would be beneficial. You will also need to be be motivated to undertake personal study and homework of at least 3 - 5 hours each week and be willing to participate in occasional online tutorials if required. You will need an email address to use the EQUAL online learning platform.
What will I learn
• How to use the EQUAL online learning platform to complete tasks and assessments.
• How to use Google Education suite (email, online video conferencing, uploading coursework).
• Understanding Person-Centred Thinking and Planning
• Care Planning for the Care Worker
• Provides evidence of staff competency to external stakeholders
• Gives employees a high standard of learning to support their roles
• Provides assurances that employees are well trained
• Relevant to a wide variety of people and care settings
• Reduces the risk of malpractice and negligence
You must have access to the internet and a suitable device, preferably a PC or laptop to enable you to access the EQUAL online learning platform. You will be given access to online workbooks and materials which will take you step by step through the course and help you to develop independent learning skills. You will be supported by an experienced assessor who will contact you at the beginning of the course and provide feedback on the assessments you complete via the EQUAL online learning platform, at various intervals throughout the course. You will receive email reminders from the EQUAL platform when assessments are due. All evidence is submitted through a web-based portfolio.
You will complete an online portfolio of evidence demonstrating how you meet the qualification criteria. The average time to complete this online course is 12 weeks you may however complete in fewer weeks or it may take you longer. It will depend on your commitment to the course. You will however be expected to complete all assessments within the academic year you commence the course in.
To fully participate in this FULLY ONLINE COURSE you will need: - a PC/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably Google Chrome) you will need access to a reliable internet connection.
This course supports progression onto a range of other CPD online courses. Or you may be interested in our range of online Level 2 vocational courses that are also on the EQUAL online learning platform.
This course supports progression onto a range of other vocational courses. You may also be interested in our range of CPD workshops and short courses.
Health & Safety
You will be need to be familiar with staying safe while learning online. If you have not completed any online- safety training it would be beneficial to complete an online safety module. You can find modules here https://www.learnmyway.com/subjects/online-safety/ . You can register for free using our log in 3453711. You will need to use your personal email to account to to access the EQUAL secure online learning platform. Depending on the course you are enrolled for you may need a private space while participating in the online part of the course.
You will be expected to follow the social distancing arrangements in place for the safety of staff and learners.