Save as PDF
- Course Details
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
Can I get a reduction?
|DV1051||2D Animation||26/02/2021||02/07/2021||2:30 PM||4:30 PM||GEARIES||
If you are studying on a part-time course and you receive one of the following benefits, or you depend financially on someone who does, you are entitled to have your tuition fees waived:
- We need to check what course you are enrolling on and what your age and income status is first.
- You may be entitled to a free or reduced cost place if you are working but on a low wage – as set out in the GLA or ESFA funding rules or are in receipt of:
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit with income of less than £18,000 per year
- Income support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Carers Allowance
- Council Tax ReductionFor qualification based courses, the course will be free if you are working and earn less than £20962.00 annual gross salary inside Greater London Authority (GLA) or £16009.50 (outside GLA)
You will, however, have to pay any awarding body/assessment fees (unless you are on a first full level 2 course).
* If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit and you wish to claim concessionary rates please contact Customer Services who will be pleased to advise you on your entitlement. In addition, if you receive other allowances you may also be eligible to enrol at concessionary rates. If you are entitled to a fee concession you will be asked to provide proof of your entitlement.
It is essential that you inform us if your entitlement changes at any time during your course.
More information about this Course
In order to ensure the safety of staff and learners the way we can provide courses in the Autumn Term has changed. See details below. There may be further changes if Government and Public Health advice changes.
How will the course benefit me
This course will allow you to explore art in motion. You will expand your scope of creativity by producing movement to your own creations through a 2-dimensional software.
No previous knowledge is required for this course, we will start from the beginning.
What will I learn
You will learn how to introduce motion to your drawings by using Adobe Animate software which has got a huge range of tools that will produce movement in a very easy and fun way. You will learn how to draw a character, for example, and make it walk, run, blink, etc..
The course is structured in sessions of two hours per day. We will start with basic movement of shape and location in a progressive way, so throughout the course you will increase your skills by adding new tools in every session. You will work with a PC and the lastest version of the Adobe Suit Collection.
We will assess your progress via individual feedback from the tutor on the basis of observation. We will also have group feedback via screening of works.
The only item you need for this course is a pair of headphones for the lessons where we add sound.
The course programme is structured in a way that your learning will be progressively increasing so you can step into a high level (such as After Effects, for example).
Health & Safety
Standard teaching room low-level risks.
It is recommended that, if you wear glasses, they are well-adjusted and calibrated so you do not have to struggle to look at the brightness of the screen. Also, please wear comfortable clothing as we will spend the session sitting down and in front of the computer.
You will be expected to follow the social distancing arrangements in place for the safety of staff and learners.